Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Hope everyone had a Happy St. Patrick's Day! For some reason it is one of my favorite holidays! Weird right? I couldn't figure it out until yesterday when I decided it must be because when I was little my absolute favorite color was green and I remember every St. Patrick's Day we would have green milk and green eggs and green pancakes or waffles! I remember sitting at the breakfast table loving every minute of it! And that was the one day my dad would wear his class ring since his birthstone is emerald. Haha. I don't know why but it's some of my favorite memories. So anyway, I decided I needed to make it fun for my kids too. So I set up a little treasure hunt with Leprechaun footprints all over the house with clues written on the back. The kids LOVED it! They were running from room to room searching for the clues. Then we opened the fridge and found that the silly Leprechaun must've drank some of our milk because it was green! Brynnlee just couldn't believe it! We even had green waffles and eggs! I also made the kids some shirts (last minute of course! Someday I won't be such a procrastinator!)Haha. I just realized I'm even procrastinating not being a procrastinator. Oh geez. ANYWAYS... They loved the shirts too so all in all it was a pretty fun day. I had some fun games planned too but by the time we cleaned the house and got done looking for the Leprechaun it was time for Brynnlee to go to another dance performance. I hope you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day too.!

7 comments:

  1. You are a great mom! Cute shirts...how did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to plan that day! I love the shirts you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew this about you. It is such a great story & you should definetly keep it going with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea chantell! i love your shirts. they are so cute. r they just the iron on transfers? you are such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the St. Patrick's day stuff fun! And oh my heck Chantell your kids are beautiful! Bummer about the RSV and the broken arm man! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete