Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Swimming!

So the kids took swimming lessons the last two weeks of June and loved it! The babies were so funny cause they all screamed the first few days but by Thursday all of them except for one stopped screaming and were learning to jump in on their own and swim to their parents. Brayden just loves it now and will jump in when I'm not paying attention sometimes which is a little scary that he's so comfortable. I just have to make sure I'm paying extra close attention when I take the kids now. Brynnlee learned how to dive from her knees off the diving board and did awesome! Tayson tried that but ended up doing a belly flop! Haha and every time he jumps off he has to take a minute and pull his pretend goggles out of his pocket and put them on. He's so funny. The kids can't wait until they take swimming lessons next year. So their teacher is this old lady and teaches them at her home. I'm serious when I say old. She's almost 80. And when she gets angry it's a scary thing! She teaches from 8 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon and for the older kids she goes in the deep end with them and is treading water for about fifteen minutes straight while the kids practice whatever they're working on. I had to go in the deep end and tread water whenever Tays would jump off the diving board and I was DYING! It was so hard to do it for very long. I had to always swim to the side between when he would jump cause I would get so tired! Anyways, the kids loved her after the first few days. The first two days Brynnlee cried and tried every excuse to get out of the pool and the teacher would yell at her and tell her to get back in the pool and Brynnlee was terrified. After the second day she loved it and told me it was the best day of her life!  And from then on she did awesome.                                                                      


1 comment:

  1. Oh Chantell it has been forever since i have talked to you! how is california? Your kids are super cute. I am horrible at swimming so good job for treading so long. lol! those swimming instructors are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete