Thursday, May 28, 2009

Me and my not so green Green Thumb!

Ok, so we decided this last weekend to plant a garden. I forgot how much time and work goes into this! Saturday Austin was outside all day just getting the garden "ready" to plant! I had been inside cleaning all day, and by the time he announced it was time to plant I was already exhausted. So we went to the store to buy all of our seeds, me with no makeup and hadn't showered yet. So the whole time we're there, I'm hiding behind Austin and ducking in and out of the aisles. I thought I had done such a good job not seeing anyone and we were almost to the checkout. And who do we get in line behind? Nicolette Allen ( I forgot what her married name is!) And of course she looks so cute and her little girl looks darling with her hair all done and cute little clothes! And then there's me and Austin who's covered in dirt and Brynnlee who has no shoes on, her hair has clumps of dirt in it, and she's super tired and grouchy. Well, we finally got home and got our garden planted no thanks to me. Every step I had to ask Austin, "now how deep do I do these ones? How far apart do they have to be?" Or he would tell me "umm.. maybe spread them out just a little more than that." So pretty much he did it and I think I was just in the way, but we got it done and I finally did shower at eight o' clock that night! So here it is Thursday and do you think I can remember to water the stupid thing?! Good thing it rained the other day! Austin will text me all the time to try and remind me to water the garden, or shut off the water cause it's getting too much. And he checks on it all the time for me. I am one lucky gal to have such a hard working, good looking, patient stud for a husband!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exhausting day. Dude, who cares how you looked... obviously you had been a hard working. Which I'm sure you still looked as cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I would love to have a "real" garden. We can't really grow too much with our lovely weather here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope your day is great! We need to get together soon! :)

    ReplyDelete