Monday, March 11, 2013

Maybe Tomorrow....

 Today was just one of those days.... I normally don't post things that don't have to do with a big event like a birthday or fun trip or something, but I'm trying to do better. I've got a friend who posts on her blog almost every single day and she writes about the crazy/funny/frustrating things her kids do and it's hilarious and also good for me to read and know that someone else is going through what I am. So for those of you who need a good laugh this can be it. Today I was going to be super productive. I woke up determined to tackle the four baskets of clean laundry in my room. Clean..... just still sitting in the baskets getting more and more wrinkles in them. I was going to go through my closet and junk all the clothes I really don't wear anymore because I actually bought three really cute shirts the other day but don't have enough hangers. Anyway..... I was also going to make phone calls for my church calling, and for Tayson to get a physical because his TK registration is coming up, and line everything up for the relief society dinner that is happening in a little over a week and things are still up in the air at this point..... Ya. AND I was going to EXERCISE! I was totally determined. Today was going to be the day! So I got up ,started putting laundry away, also started washing more laundry, decided to change the sheets on my bed since I never got around to it on Saturday. I slip my pillow out of the pillowcase and feathers fall all around me. I forgot there is a slight four inch tear in my pillow that I've been meaning to fix and just haven't yet. I really should just get a new one but I LOVE my pillow and can't find one as good anywhere. So I decided to mend my pillow after I cleaned up and stuffed as many feathers as I could back in it. Then I remembered Tayson's church pants that he popped the seams out of on both legs, and a jacket that I had popped a seam out on the arm.  So 10:00 came and went with me busily fixing seams on things and trying to keep my boys from killing each other or destroying the house. I got two baskets of clothes put away and went through my closet and took out all the clothes I really don't wear. By the time I was ready to go on a walk/jog it was past 11. I knew the boys would be wanting lunch soon. I made sandwiches, cleaned up the kitchen and by noon we were finally on our way. Tays decided he wanted to ride his bike so it was not much running but at least I got a walk in. We played at the park for a while and ate our sandwiches then came back home. I really needed to take care of some stuff for relief society and tried to work on that. My friend brought her kids over for me to watch for about an hour which is usually great because they keep my kids busy. Well today Tayson decided to be extremely mean to the point that they are telling him they don't want to be his friend anymore cause he is so mean. So it makes him more mad and he proceeds to threaten to hit them with a bat. Oh ya. And Kill them. (What the?) I tried to explain to him that it is NEVER ok to threaten things like that, and he is never going to have any friends if he treats them that way. Lots of time outs and putting all the bats out of reach, and any other toy he owns that could cause harm, and a very angry boy for the next few hours. Back to me trying to take care of stuff for Relief Society, while I'm doing that Tays and Brayden get into almost every game we own and it looks like a bomb went off in our game closet and the remnants of every game were scattered and strewn all through the house. Awesome. By this time it's 5:30, Austin has texted me and told me he will be late, I have no dinner ready, and the house is a wreck. I gave up on the relief society stuff and any phone calls I was going to make and tried to clean up the house. Brynnlee and I went in the kitchen to try and think of what to make for dinner and the boys were miraculously playing nicely for ten minutes! We heated up leftovers and started to eat. Brayden comes in crying and saying "My pants! My pants! Tayson cut mine pants!" I look over at him and there is a waistband with a few strands of fabric hanging around his waist. I had already cried for the day ( ya know that moment when your house is a mess and you're exhausted because you feel like you've been working all day and yet you've gotten NOTHING accomplished?...... I hope someone knows what I'm talking about!)  so all I could do was laugh. Thankfully they were old hand me down pajama pants that Brayden insists aren't pajamas and likes to change from his pajamas he wears to bed into these and wear them as his clothes during the day. "Fix them mom! Fix them" Uh. Sorry buddy. They are beyond my sewing capabilities. I have Tays come in the kitchen and ask him why he did that. "Brayden asked me to". Um. ok. Because you always do the things he asks you to!..... Not! Brynnlee went to investigate and found that Tayson had also cut Bryaden's pajama top up. Again his favorite. Shredded. I asked if he cut ANYTHING else up. I'm just picturing the bedspreads, sheets, anything else he can thing of.... He tells me no. My sister calls and is talking to Tays asking him why he did that. He says "because Brayden told me to." She says why would he tell you to do that?...... "Because he saw me cut up my pants and wanted me to cut his up too." WHAT?! I had already asked him if he cut anything else up and he told me no! He was smart though and had hidden his pants. But too late. I heard him tell my sister. So his second best pair of pants are now going to be worn as shorts. Good thing it's shorts weather cause I'm going to make sure he gets A LOT of wear out of these pants/shorts! At least he didn't shred them. Anyway, after all of this I decide to bathe the kids and get them in bed. Then I remember it's Monday night and we've kind of been slacking on the Family Home Evening for a while so I was determined to leave the day on a good note. Things started out fine until we read one chapter in the scriptures and I was trying to explain it and the kids started screaming at me and each other. Family night ended abruptly and kids were placed.... maybe slightly forcefully in their beds. But hey. Kids are in bed, the kitchen is clean, the living room is clean, and now I need to go finish that laundry that I was going to tackle today. And we're back to four clean baskets of clothes with another load in the dryer. Awesome. Does it ever end?




I wish I had an awesome phone that took good pics but it's kind of a ghetto phone.  But you get the idea...
Tayson's masterpiece.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chantell I'm so proud of you!! Doesn't it feel so good, like a purge, to get that shitty day out of your head and onto your blog?!

    Plus now I get it why people are always telling me why my blog is so funny (when I say, "It's not funny, it's my real life!) because reading about your day made me laugh SO hard!

    I especially loved him telling his friends that he was going to hit them with a bat and kill them. Is it because you threaten them with a bat sometimes when they're naughty?... No? Ok just had to ask.

    Now to the shredded pajamas. I am dying that is so funny! I love it that he told your sister that he did it too, but that he was smart enough to hide them. I'm with you though - I'd make him wear the heck out of those new "shorts" of his!

    If it makes you feel any better I threw ALL the kids' markers away today (even the sparkly ones that I even love using...) because Mace got a hold of the ones the big kids didn't put away and he colored on my hardwood floor. I was NOT a happy camper....

    Just think, tomorrow will be better for sure! That's how it goes as a SAHM, when you have an awful day that makes you want to hang yourself with a belt from the ceiling fan (Oh am I the only one that fantasizes about that), then that means the next day will be a good to great day - because that's just how the universe works. (Or because the Lord doesn't really want to push us to find a belt long enough...)

    Love you and thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete